Western Turner Syncline
Electrical, communications and fire installations to various facilities.
|Client & Department
||Rio Tinto Western Turner Syncline
|Project No. & Name
||Western Turner Syncline Stage 2
Installations to Tyre Change Workshop, LME Workshop, HME Workshop and Administration, Ice Room and Medical buildings.
Project Key deliverables included:
Installation of new 33KV HV underground supply and new Transformer.
Electrical, Communications and Fire Installation to Tyre Change Workshop and ancillary building.
Electrical, Communications and Fire Installation to LME Workshop
Electrical, Communications and Fire Installation to HME Workshop. 4 bay Extension
Electrical, Communications and Fire Installation to Administration, Ice Room and Medical buildings
Installation of Site Wide Area Lighting. 10M & 20M light towers.
Electrical and communications Installation of MEM dome shelter
Electrical Installation of Site Access Boom Gates including solar hybrid power supply.
Electrical Installation of water Infrastructure.
Installation of Fibre Optic site wide reticulation
- Significant increase of scope from IFT – IFC
- Accelerated electrical construction schedule with multiple open work fronts.
- Day shift / Night shift operations to allow access while working around other trades.
- Market skilled labour shortage
- COVID impacted resource manning levels and availability
The Weststate Advantages
- Successful completion and handover of stage 2, Ability to coordinate and manage all scope deliverables as well as those of our business partners under our contractor quilt.
- Extensive knowledge of the Rio Tinto systems and procedures.